You can’t afford not to have a blog. Here are 5 reasons why…
Making a blog a key part of your website gives you a 434% better chance of being ranked highly on search engines.
Even back in 2014, 77% of internet users regularly read blogs…so Google loves them and values them. Publishing original content on your website (often) is a powerful signal that your site and your content is relevant and useful, and deserves to appear in search results.
2) Blogging’s more effective than online advertising
- There are now 198 million active adblock users around the world (Source: PageFair).
- On Google, 70-80% of users ignore paid ads and only focus on organic results. (Source: 24 Eye-Popping SEO Statistics).
- 86% of consumers today are banner / ad blind (Source: Adotas).
- 70% of consumers prefer learning about a company through custom content than through paid advertisements (Source: ContentPlus).
3) Professional recognition attracts new clients
Intelligent, informative, well-written blog posts demonstrate expertise, increasing trust
and credibility. They are a fantastic way to establish yourself as an expert in your field, and a by-product of this is familiarity. Which is great for converting prospects.
A huge 96% of business-to-business (B2B) buyers want content from industry thought leaders. These buyers, in particular, want content that educates rather than sells. And 47% of B2B buyers read between three and five blog posts or content pieces before approaching a salesperson.
4) Blogging humanises your brand
We all know that people buy from people. What better way to show the type of person you are than with regular blog posts? Blogging is a great way to demonstrate what’s unique about you, tell your story, and differentiate you from competitors.
Video (does anyone actually call it vlogging?) is another way to prove your humanity, but it doesn’t yet come with all the SEO benefits of the written word. And some people are more likely to reveal genuine opinions and personality in written blogs, than on camera, as they tend to feel less inhibited.
5) Blogs provide rich social media content
Each blog post can be broken down into a series of social media posts, to increase its reach and maintain your visibility online.
The beauty of social media is that reach grows exponentially once users start to engage with these posts. And this can be boosted further through brand advocates, if you invest in blog content that’s genuinely useful and informative – 72% of people share blog content because they think it might be useful to other people. (Source: nymarketing.com)
Still not convinced? Here are six mind-blowing Hubspot stats to chew on:
- Active company blogs have 97% more inbound links than websites without blogs.
- Active company blogs generate 67% more leads than websites without blogs.
- Blogging brands enjoy 126% higher lead growth than non-bloggers.
- Blogging brands generate twice as much email traffic than non-bloggers.
- Marketers who prioritise blogging are 13 times more likely to see positive return on investment (ROI).
- 82% of marketers who blog consistently see positive ROI from inbound efforts.
There’s no better time to start. If you want trusted guidance on blogging, help getting started, or you need someone to ghostwrite blogs on your behalf, get in touch.
Too busy to blog?
If you can see the value of investing in blogging but simply can’t spare the time, I can help! I can even ghostwrite quality, engaging blog posts in your name, to make you look even more awesome. Just drop me a line to discuss.
Jaime Cox @compellingcopy_ is a Senior Copywriter and Editor, specialising in digital content. She has a Journalism degree and more than 20 years’ experience in print and digital media.